8.929, Sum: angry/hungry

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 26 16:54:15 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-929. Thu Jun 26 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.929, Sum: angry/hungry

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 1997 02:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:  alan harris <vcspc005 at email.csun.edu>
Subject:  angry/hungry et al?

Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 1997 02:58:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:  alan harris <vcspc005 at email.csun.edu>

Here are the responses to my request for other words that end in -gry
in English. I must say that i got much more than I bargained for!
Thank you to all of you.

       Alan C. Harris, Ph. D.          TELNOS: main off:  818-677-2853
       Professor, Communication/Linguistics  direct off:  818-677-2874
       Speech Communication Department
       California State University, Northridge     home:  818-366-3165
       SPCH CSUN                                    FAX:  818-677-2663
       Northridge, CA 91330-8257 INTERNET  email: ALAN.HARRIS at CSUN.EDU
                 WWW homepage: http://www.csun.edu/~vcspc005

>>From Alysse or Dan Rasmussen <danr at inetw.net>
Subject: The Infamous -gry :-)

angry
hungry
aggry
	... (blue glass bead found under the earth
	in parts of Affrica ... from Fulani, in Ghana)
puggry ... a kind of scarf
meagry ... of meager appearance

if sounds counted:  pedigree, filigree
Alysse Rasmussen