8.935, Qs: Spoken Am Eng, Onsets, German Syntax

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 27 04:03:54 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-935. Thu Jun 26 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.935, Qs: Spoken Am Eng, Onsets, German Syntax

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:18:57 +0100 (BST)
From:  "B.P.H. Lee" <bphl100 at cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject:  Spoken American English Corpus

2)
Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:44:55 -0400
From:  "LAS" <dharris at las-inc.com>
Subject:  Admissible Onsets in Russian and other onset-heavy languages

3)
Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:04:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  Ann Lawson <lawson at solaris3.ids-mannheim.de>
Subject:  German Syntax Data

Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:18:57 +0100 (BST)
From:  "B.P.H. Lee" <bphl100 at cus.cam.ac.uk>

Dear members of the linguist list,

A friend of mine not on the Linguist List asked me to post the following
request for information.

She is trying to locate a corpus of spoken american english
(face-to-face conversational data in both personal and institutional
contexts).  If you have any information regarding this, can you please
write to her (not me) directly.  A summary will be posted if there is
sufficient interest.  Thank you very much for your help.

Write to: Susan Mandala at   sbm20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk

Best wishes,

Benny Lee
University of Cambridge