8.328, Qs: Bad language, Subcats, Mid. English

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 8 01:33:16 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-328. Fri Mar 7 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.328, Qs: Bad language, Subcats, Mid. English

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:25:25 -0800 (PST)
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu>
Subject:  Query: Bad language

2)
Date:  Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:45:40 -0500 (EST)
From:  kako at cattell.psych.upenn.edu (Ed Kako)
Subject:  Subcat frequencies

3)
Date:  Wed, 05 Mar 1997 13:42:50 -0500 (EST)
From:  DUBARTELL at edinboro.edu
Subject:  help with MidEng-ModEng text

Date:  Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:25:25 -0800 (PST)
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu>

I have a student* preparing a research paper on 'bad language':
four-letter words that are generally not socially acceptable in 'polite
company'. He is having trouble locating sources that analyze this
language from a linguistic viewpoint. If anyone could lead us to sources
on this topic, please send your response to:

Franklin Bucquoy <fbucquoy at violin.calpoly.edu>

We will post a summary of responses to the list. Thanks!

Johanna Rubba	Assistant Professor, Linguistics              ~
English Department, California Polytechnic State University   ~
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407                                     ~
Tel. (805)-756-2184  E-mail: jrubba at oboe.aix.calpoly.edu      ~