8.362, Qs: Lg acquisition, Russian data, Software

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 14 01:54:20 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-362. Thu Mar 13 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.362, Qs: Lg acquisition, Russian data, Software

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:07:22 EST5EDT
From:  "Nigel Duffield"  <DUFFIELD at LANGS.Lan.McGill.CA>
Subject:   L1 Acquisition of Experiencer Subjects

2)
Date:  Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:48:22 +0000
From:  Tolik <tolik at PSYCH.KUN.NL>
Subject:  2nd Lg Acq: Russian - English

3)
Date:  Wed, 12 Mar 1997 00:10:38 +0100 (MET)
From:  elisa vazquez iglesias <iaevi at usc.es>
Subject:  Frequency software

Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:07:22 EST5EDT
From:  "Nigel Duffield"  <DUFFIELD at LANGS.Lan.McGill.CA>

To the Linguist List,

I would be very grateful for any references or other information you
might know of regarding the first language acquisition of Experiencer
subjects e.g. "Jerry fears monsters" "David is cold", both in
languages such as English where these subjects are morphologically
non-distinct from Agentive Subjects (with respect to Case and
Agreement) and, more especially, in languages where these subjects
pattern morphologically or distributionally with oblique arguments
(e.g. "dative subjects").  (I know that there has been some recent
discussion of the analysis of dative subjects on this list; here,
though, I am specifically interested in Acquisition research/data
bearing on the issue). Please send all replies directly to me at the
address below, and I will post a summary. Thank you very much.

Nigel Duffield, duffield at langs.lan.mcgill.ca
Department of Linguistics
McGill University
1001 Sherbrooke Street, West