8.371, Qs: Comitatives, Acquisition, Computational

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 17 06:31:23 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-371. Mon Mar 17 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.371, Qs: Comitatives, Acquisition, Computational

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 11 Mar 1997 20:07:00 +0100
From:  Thomas Stolz <stolz at zfn.uni-bremen.de>
Subject:  comitatives, instrumentals

2)
Date:  Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:49:51 +0100
From:  Christophe Parisse <parisse at ext.jussieu.fr>
Subject:  Two-word stage in language acquisition

3)
Date:  Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:41:43 -0600 (CST)
From:  Isabelle TELLIER <tellier at univ-lille3.fr>
Subject:  computational learning of natural language

Date:  Tue, 11 Mar 1997 20:07:00 +0100
From:  Thomas Stolz <stolz at zfn.uni-bremen.de>

dear colleagues,
this is an urgent call for help:
our research-group at the university of bremen is
currently working on a large-scale typological project.
our main aim is to find out about the systematic relation-
ship that holds between comitatives and instrumentals in
the languages of the world. for that purpose, we have
prepared a number of questionnaires. the first of these
questionnaires is ready for distribution. therefore,
we'd like to know who of you all would like to participate
by translating 23 short sentences into his or her native
language or favourite object language. there are english,
french, german, russian, spanish, and turkish versions of
the questionnaire. chose the one you need and let us have
your snail-mail address so that we can send you a paper-
copy of the questionnaire. it goes without saying that
we will explicitly acknowledge your participation in
the planned publication!
of course, any other information on our topic or related
subjects is welcome as well.
thanks a lot and best wishes.
thomas stolz.
university of bremen