8.374, TOC: Transactions of Philological Society

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 17 20:50:35 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-374. Mon Mar 17 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.374, TOC: Transactions of Philological Society

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

            TRANSACTIONS OF THE PHILOLOGICAL SOCIETY

An international journal for the structure, history and relationships of
languages

               CONTENTS OF VOLUME 94, No 2 (1996)

KITSON, P R 'British and European river-names'

POPPE, Erich 'Convergence and divergence: the emergence of a "future" in
     the British languages'

SIMS-WILLIAMS, Nicholas 'Another Sogdian ideogram?'

MAIDEN, Martin 'The Romance gerund and "system-dependent naturalness" in
     morphology'

Transactions of the Philological Society is the oldest scholarly
publication in Great Britain devoted to the general study of language
and languages. It has an unbroken tradition of pubishing high quality
articles across a wide range of linguistic interests including:
phonology, Romance linguistics, English linguistics, generative
grammar, sociolinguistics, Indo-European philology, and the history of
linguistics.

FOR FREE SAMPLE COPY EMAIL

jnlsamples at blackwellpublishers.co.uk

ADDRESS ENQUIRIES ABOUT SUBMITTING PAPERS TO THE EDITOR

Max W. Wheeler <maxw at cogs.susx.ac.uk>
University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1273 678975; fax: +44 (0)1273 671320

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and
working papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain
journal backlists on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not
allow us to post the tables of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	AFRICL LST   (Linguistique Africaine)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at listserv.tamu.edu