8.382, Qs: Ethical issues, Pronouns, Vietnamese

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 18 21:19:20 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-382. Tue Mar 18 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.382, Qs: Ethical issues, Pronouns, Vietnamese

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:43:05 -0600 (CST)
From:  neusleev at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu (Christina Elke Gildersleeve)
Subject:  Ethical Considerations of Research with Vulnerable Populations

2)
Date:  Fri, 14 Mar 97 18:18:09 -0800
From:  Martin Boyle <mb14 at soas.ac.uk>
Subject:  Personal Pronouns - power and distance

3)
Date:  Wed, 12 Mar 1997 20:44:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:  ALBERS_M at hccs.cc.tx.us
Subject:  Help: need info on Vietnamese grammar

Date:  Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:43:05 -0600 (CST)
From:  neusleev at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu (Christina Elke Gildersleeve)

Greetings!  I'm a graduate student in Communication Sciences &
Disorders, with an emphasis on early speech acquisition.  My
dissertation research will explore the phonetic properties of early
speech in Quechua.  While a lot of research has been conducted on
language-impaired populations in my discipline, there has been very
little cross-cultural research.  Can anyone steer me towards research
on ethical considerations of working with minority populations within
a new cultural context?  I'd also appreciate information on any
studies exploring phonetic properties of Quechua.

Respond to me and I'll summarize to the list.

Thanks!

Christina Gildersleeve

neusleev at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu