8.401, FYI: Bell Labs Text-to-Speech system

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 19 16:45:00 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-401. Wed Mar 19 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.401, FYI: Bell Labs Text-to-Speech system

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:27:44 -0500
From:  Bernd Moebius <bmo at research.bell-labs.com>
Subject:  Bell Labs TTS Web site

Date:  Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:27:44 -0500
From:  Bernd Moebius <bmo at research.bell-labs.com>

This announcement has been posted on several mailing lists.
Our apologies to those of you who received it more than once.

                        ANNOUNCEMENT

We are pleased to announce the opening of a WWW site for the
Lucent Technologies Bell Labs Text-to-Speech system. Address:

        http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/

The site has interactive demos in American English, Mandarin Chinese,
and German, and the capability to adjust voice parameters on the fly
(English only).  Pre-synthesized demos for Mandarin Chinese, French,
Italian, Russian, Spanish, and Romanian are also provided.

The site will always display the latest version of the Bell Labs
system, and will be frequently updated.  In the near future, the site
will also provide interactive demos for some of the other languages.

In case you decide to have a link to our site from your web page, in
the light of the recent split between AT&T and Lucent Technologies and
the confusion this may have caused, we would appreciate if you would
use the following name:

	Lucent Technologies Bell Labs Text-to-Speech system.

On behalf of the Bell Labs Text-to-Speech group,

Bernd Moebius

 Bernd Moebius                     Language Modeling Research Dept.
 Bell Labs - Lucent Technologies   Tel +1 908 582-3786 / Fax -3306
 600 Mountain Avenue, Rm 2D-450    bmo at research.bell-labs.com
 Murray Hill, NJ 07974, USA        http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/