8.414, Qs: Syntactic doubling, Case, Ancient lgs

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 22 19:13:38 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-414. Sat Mar 22 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.414, Qs: Syntactic doubling, Case, Ancient lgs

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:11:41 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Mariapaola D'Imperio" <dimperio at ling.ohio-state.edu>
Subject:  Syntactic doubling (RS)

2)
Date:  Wed, 19 Mar 1997 21:41:20 -0500 (EST)
From:  Ken Hyde <kenny at UDel.Edu>
Subject:  Morpho-syntax of Case

3)
Date:  Wed, 19 Mar 97 10:31 EST
From:  joel at exc.com (Joel M. Hoffman)
Subject:  Ancient lg pronunciation

Date:  Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:11:41 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Mariapaola D'Imperio" <dimperio at ling.ohio-state.edu>

Dear list members,

I've been researching for a while on a topic of Italian phonology that
goes  under the  name  of  RS  (Raddoppiamento  Sintattico). This is a
phenomenon  found  in  Central  and  Southern  varieties   of  Italian
involving the gemination of the first  consonant of the second word in
a two-word sequence.

It appears that the topic has been widely researched from a syntactic,
historical and a phonological point of view. I already possess much of
the relevant literature up to the end of the 1980s,  but I'd be really
grateful if you could provide me with any references of recent work on
the  topic  or  give  me suggestions  about  where to  look  for  more
information.

I'll also post a summary of the replies.

Mariapaola D'Imperio
dimperio at ling.ohio-state.edu