8.426, FYI: NACCL9, GALA '97, Writing the Future

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 28 20:24:01 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-426. Fri Mar 28 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.426, FYI: NACCL9, GALA '97, Writing the Future

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:          Mon, 24 Mar 97 22:26:31 PST
From:  Hua LIN <NACCL97 at UVVM.UVic.CA>
Subject:       Urgent NACCL9 INFO.

2)
Date:  Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:42:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:  Antonella Sorace <antonell at ling.ed.ac.uk>
Subject:  GALA '97 Registration

3)
Date:  27 Mar 1997 15:51:36 U
From:  Pemberton Lyn <Lynn.Pemberton at bton.ac.uk>
Subject:  Writing the Future: extended deadline

Date:          Mon, 24 Mar 97 22:26:31 PST
From:  Hua LIN <NACCL97 at UVVM.UVic.CA>

           IMPORTANT Information Regarding NACCL9
The Ninth North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics
                University of Victoria, Canada
                         May 2-4, 1997
1) First, a reminder: The deadline for Early Registration is this
         **COMING SUNDAY (March 31)**.
   Notice that the university does not open on Saturday and Sundays, so
   you won't be able to find anyone during these two days should you
   have any questions, etc.
   The March 31 deadline will be very STRICTLY observed due to the fact that
   we have to turn the final program in for printing very shortly after.
   Therefore, if you are presenting a paper, you MUST register by then,
   or your presentation will be canceled.
   Note that you can register by sending in your Master-Card or Visa
   # by contacting Pat Mcguire at 250-721-8746 (Phone) or 250-721-8774 (fax),
   pmcguire at uvaix.uvic.ca or Nieves at nforcada at uvcs.uvic.ca
2) Our web page  http://castle.uvic.ca/ling/naclconf.html
   is ready with links to housing, bus, ferry, car rental,
   Victoria and Vancouver Island tourism and more. You can also download
   the Registration Form and the Housing Reservation Form from there.
   There is an error in the Housing Reservation form that is sent out to
   participants:     keen at uvic.ca   should be      keen at uvvm.uvic.ca
3) On-campus housing as you see in the Housing Reservation Form is most
   suitable for people with a limited budget. The rooms do not contain
   private bathrooms. Rather, bathrooms are centrally located (i.e. shared).
   Anyone wishing to have better accommodation should contact UVic
   Housing directly at 250-721-8395 (Phone), 250-721-8930(fax) or
   keen at uvvm.uvic.ca (email).
4) We will publish the conference proceedings after the conference, so
   bear that in mind when you come to present your paper. The format
   for the papers in the proceedings will be distributed at the conference.
5) The bus which links Vancouver Airport with Downtown Victoria (via a
   ferry) is called Pacific Coach Line (Phone: 1-800-661-1725). However, from
   the Vancouver Airport, you need to take firstly a Delta Hotel shuttle bus
   which leaves every 15 minutes. The shuttle bus will take you to the Delta
   Hotel from which you can take a PCL bus. PCL bus goes every 2 hour
   between 6:00am to 8:00pm.