8.440, Qs: Official Eng, Eng lg acq, Wekker

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 30 07:10:50 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-440. Sun Mar 30 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.440, Qs: Official Eng, Eng lg acq, Wekker

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:04:04 -0600
From:  mierzejewski at paris7.jussieu.fr (Christopher Mierzejewski)
Subject:  Official English laws

2)
Date:  Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:09:15 +0100
From:  ibirks at pratique.fr (Ivan BIRKS)
Subject:  English first language acquisition

3)
Date:  Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:25:41 +0000
From:  "M.Shuib" <M.Shuib at sheffield.ac.uk>
Subject:  Wekker (1976)

Date:  Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:04:04 -0600
From:  mierzejewski at paris7.jussieu.fr (Christopher Mierzejewski)

I am working on a comparison of French and American language policy and I
would like to know the current status of the Official English laws in the
U.S, both at the federal and state levels (where things stand at the
federal level, how many states have passed Official English laws, how many
have been contested in court). I will post a summary.

Thanks for your help,
Christopher Mierzejewski
University of Paris 7