8.708, Qs: Past tense, Perfect, Middle English

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon May 12 20:15:53 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-708. Mon May 12 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.708, Qs: Past tense, Perfect, Middle English

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 9 May 1997 09:18:30 -0400
From:  "Will Fitzgerald" <w-fitzgerald at nwu.edu>
Subject:  Qs: review of models of learning past tense

2)
Date:  Sun, 11 May 1997 21:28:22 +1000
From:  Stuart.Robinson at anu.edu.au (Stuart Robinson)
Subject:  Special Treament for the Perfect

3)
Date:  Sun, 11 May 1997 19:37:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  sand at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Subject:  Re: Middle English On-line?

Date:  Fri, 9 May 1997 09:18:30 -0400
From:  "Will Fitzgerald" <w-fitzgerald at nwu.edu>

For a cognitive science reading group of which I am a part, I am interested
in  bibliographic hints for papers describing computer models of children's
learning to use the past tense in English.

I'd also be interested in hearing people's assessment of how adequately
these models (1) actually model children's acquisition and (2) led support
for various approaches to computer-based cognitive models (e.g., PDP
approaches; symbolic approaches).

-
Will Fitzgerald