8.715, Qs: Syllabification, Speech Recognition

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 13 14:37:48 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-715. Tue May 13 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.715, Qs: Syllabification, Speech Recognition

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 09 May 1997 14:34:21 +0800
From:  Xu Peng <xupeng at sentosa.sas.ntu.ac.sg>
Subject:  Syllabification tools

2)
Date:  Fri, 09 May 1997 11:32 -0500 (EST)
From:  Rusty_Richards at wycliffe.org
Subject:  Automatic Speech Recognition

Date:  Fri, 09 May 1997 14:34:21 +0800
From:  Xu Peng <xupeng at sentosa.sas.ntu.ac.sg>

Does anybody know if there is any tool can syllabize people's
English names, e.g., William will be syllabized into wi-llia-m,
and David will be syllabized into da-vi-d. Thanks for your help
in advance.  -- Xu Peng

Miss Xu Peng                  email : xupeng at sentosa.sas.ntu.ac.sg
Parallel Processing Lab       Tel   : (65) 7996151
SAS                           Fax   : (65) 7926559
Nanyang Technological Univ.   Home  : Hall 11 Blk 53-4-1047
Singapore 639798              http://sentosa.sas.ntu.ac.sg:8000/~xupeng/