8.759, Qs: Grammar lab, Tone, Cultural competence

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 21 03:22:58 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-759. Tue May 20 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.759, Qs: Grammar lab, Tone, Cultural competence

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Susan Robinson <sue at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 18 May 1997 17:51:40 -0500 (EST)
From:  hans-joerg tiede <htiede at indiana.edu>
Subject:  Grammar Lab Software

2)
Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 00:34:07 +0000
From:  "Patrick C. Ryan" <PROTO-LANGUAGE at WorldNet.att.net>
Subject:  Tonal Correlations with Parts of Speech

3)
Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 09:24:56 +0100 (BST)
From:  A L Sellami <A.L.Sellami at durham.ac.uk>
Subject:  (Inter)cultural competence

Date:  Sun, 18 May 1997 17:51:40 -0500 (EST)
From:  hans-joerg tiede <htiede at indiana.edu>

I'm in the process of preparing to teach a class in mathematical
linguistics and would like to use software to do so. Through the
world-wide-web linguistics library, I found four Macintosh grammar
labs, which were developed at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. I
was wondering if anyone on this list has ever used these applications
for teaching and, if so, could tell me about any experience with them.

Thank you,
Hans-Joerg Tiede
Indiana University