8.1586, Jobs: Asian lang, TESOL, French Computational

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 4 16:12:39 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1586. Tue Nov 4 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1586, Jobs: Asian lang, TESOL, French Computational

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Elaine Halleck <elaine at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:47:47 -0500 (EST)
From:  yukijohn at umich.edu (Yuki Johnson)
Subject:  Asian Languages--Lecturer position at U Mich

2)
Date:  Tue, 04 Nov 97 16:03:00 PST
From:  AAO <YHLEE at ic21a.chosun.ac.kr>
Subject:  TESOL positions--Chosun University, Korea

3)
Date:  Tue, 4 Nov 1997 12:13:45 -0800
From:  Deborah Coughlin <deborahc at MICROSOFT.com>
Subject:  French Computational Grammarian--Microsoft Research

Date:  Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:47:47 -0500 (EST)
From:  yukijohn at umich.edu (Yuki Johnson)

University of Michigan
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures

seeks Candidates for
Japanese Language Lecturer

        The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, invites applications for two
lecturer positions in Japanese language beginning September 1, 1998 pending
final budgetary approval.  This is a three-year appointment with the
possibility of renewal.  Native or near-native fluency in Japanese and
excellent command of English are required.  Preference is given to
applicants with an M.A. Degree or higher in Linguistics, Foreign Language
Education, or TESOL/TESL, and with experience at the college level teaching
Japanese to English-speaking students using various teaching techniques.
Candidates with experience teaching at a variety of levels and with
knowledge of proficiency-oriented instruction are especially welcome, as
are those with ability or experience in Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI)
and/or computer programming.
        We seek energetic, collaborative candidates with innovative ideas
about teaching language in a large university setting.  Finalists will be
asked to send a videotape of actual classroom teaching.  Interested
candidates should send a letter of application, CV, and have three letters
of recommendation sent no later than January 15th, 1998 to: Search
Committee, Japanese Language Program, Asian Languages and Cultures,
University of Michigan, 3070 Frieze Bldg., Ann Arbor, MI 48109.  For
detailed information, contact Yuki Johnson, Japanese Language Coordinator.
E-mail: yukijohn at umich.edu or phone: 313-647-2091.