8.1605, Qs: CL/NLP, Rate of Speech, Louisiana Creole

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 10 02:36:05 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1605. Mon Nov 10 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1605, Qs: CL/NLP, Rate of Speech, Louisiana Creole

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 07 Nov 1997 17:44:03 +0100
From:  Martin Volk <volk at ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject:  Interactive online CL demos

2)
Date:  Fri, 7 Nov 1997 19:50:37 -0000
From:  Ploquin M <M.Ploquin at rhbnc.ac.uk>
Subject:  Rate of Speech

3)
Date:  Sun, 09 Nov 1997 12:51:46 -0400
From:  Larry Rosenwald <lrosenwald at WELLESLEY.EDU>
Subject:  Louisiana Creole

Date:  Fri, 07 Nov 1997 17:44:03 +0100
From:  Martin Volk <volk at ifi.unizh.ch>

I've searched the Web for existing interactive online CL/NLP tools for
English or German. To my surprise I did not find too many.

The sites are interactive in the sense that one can enter words or
sentences into an HTML form for online linguistic processing. Pure
dictionary lookup was omitted while concordancing over a natural
language corpus was included.

My collection is located at

http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/CL/InteractiveTools.html

Please check it out and let me know of any important omissions.

Thank you.

Regards,  Martin Volk

*  Martin Volk
*  Universitat Zurich
*  Institut fur Informatik
*  - Computerlinguistik -
*  Winterthurerstrasse 190
*  CH-8057 Zurich (Switzerland)
*  Tel.: +41-1-635-4325 (FAX: +41-1-635-6809)
*  volk at ifi.unizh.ch
*  http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/staff/volk