8.1622, Qs: Interpreters,Tzeng et al,Rastafarian,Grad Progs

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 12 01:02:18 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1622. Wed Nov 12 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1622, Qs: Interpreters,Tzeng et al,Rastafarian,Grad Progs

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 10 Nov 1997 06:56:37 GMT
From:  Helge Niska <Helge.Niska at tolk.su.se>
Subject:  Birth of professional Community Interpreting

2)
Date:  Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:31:10 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard Sproat <rws at research.bell-labs.com>
Subject:  Looking for a paper by Tzeng et al.

3)
Date:  Mon, 11 Nov 2097 16:06:13 +0100
From:  "cml" <cml at cisi.unige.it>
Subject:  Rastafarian

4)
Date:  Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:26:12 -0800
From:  phlevine at uclink4.berkeley.edu (Philip S. LeVine)
Subject:  Graduate Programs in Linguistic Anthropology

Date:  Mon, 10 Nov 1997 06:56:37 GMT
From:  Helge Niska <Helge.Niska at tolk.su.se>

For the purpose of a research paper, I am trying to find out when
community interpreting became "professionalised" or
"institutionalised" in different countries. I know the Swedish and
Nordic scene, but am a little uncertain about other parts of the
world. By "professional" I I mean doing paid interpretation work for
organisations or institutions either free-lance or employed. I would
appreciate any data, preferrably with bibliographic (print or WWW)
references.

Thank you in advance,

Helge Niska Institute for Interpretation Studies
Stockholm University, Sweden