8.1634, FYI: CALL, Grad programs in Japanese ling

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 13 23:20:06 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1634. Thu Nov 13 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1634, FYI: CALL, Grad programs in Japanese ling

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:07:44 +1000
From:  r.debski at hlc.unimelb.edu.au (Robert Debski)
Subject:  QUALIFICATIONS IN CALL

2)
Date:  Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:24:03 -0700 (MST)
From:  Tsuyoshi Ono <ono at U.Arizona.EDU>
Subject:  graduate programs in Japanese Linguistics and Teaching Japanese as a
         2nd Language

Date:  Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:07:44 +1000
From:  r.debski at hlc.unimelb.edu.au (Robert Debski)

QUALIFICATIONS IN COMPUTER-ASSISTED LANGUAGE LEARNING (CALL)

The Horwood Language Centre is offering several different qualifications in
CALL:

Graduate Certificate
This certificate provides a sound introduction to computers and networks in
the language classroom.  It examines the software currently available for
teaching LOTE and ESL, and considers the practical approaches for effective
involvement of multimedia.  Made up of three subjects the certificate may
be completed in a year.

Postgraduate Diploma
Building on the subjects taught in the certificate, students are equipped
with advanced skills in using computers as instruments of communication and
multimedia development.  The diploma is made up of three subjects in
addition to the certificate or one subject and a minor thesis.  It may be
completed in a year and a half.

Master of Arts (CALL)
This degree is designed to offer advanced studies and research in CALL to
students with professional training or experience in language and
computer-related areas.

For more information students should initially contact:
Dr Robert Debski
Horwood Language Centre
The University of Melbourne
Parkville  Vic 3052

E-mail: robert at genesis.language.unimelb.edu.au
Tel: (03) 9344 5144
Fax: (03) 9349 2180
or refer to the Web pages at

http://www.arts.unimelb.edu.au/~hlc/
http://genesis.language.unimelb.edu.au/~robert/home.html

Applications forms can be requested from the Postgraduate Office,
Faculty of Arts
The University of Melbourne
Parkville  Vic  3052

Tel: (03) 9344 5321