8.1682, Qs: Polish,Sexist Lang,Lang of the Internet,English

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 24 13:48:41 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1682. Mon Nov 24 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1682, Qs: Polish,Sexist Lang,Lang of the Internet,English

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 1997 02:02:36 +0100
From:  "Mike FOX-ecki" <mlisecki at friko2.onet.pl>
Subject:  Multi-query by Polish Students

2)
Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 1997 01:59:21 +0100
From:  "Mike FOX-ecki" <mlisecki at kki.net.pl>
Subject:  The Language of the Internet; cmc studies

3)
Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 1997 02:12:40 +0100
From:  "Mike FOX-ecki" <mlisecki at friko2.onet.pl>
Subject:  Sociologist's Opinion Needed

Date:  Mon, 24 Nov 1997 02:02:36 +0100
From:  "Mike FOX-ecki" <mlisecki at friko2.onet.pl>

I'm posting this query on a behalf of my friends who are writing their
MA theses. Following I include the subjects and the authors of the
respective works. In case of Ewa Spiska it's possible to contact her in
person. Our university doesn't provide us with Internet access thus I
function as a kind of host-mailbox. Should anybody have on the subjects
mentioned below and/or want to get in touch with those people I will be
glad to pass the mail to them.
Please excuse me for the impreciseness of the subjects (I lost the paper
with the real subjects) but I will soon post a very detailed description
of each of them.
===========
1) Oktawia Pabich-Poledzka: Ways of expressing negation in Polish and
   English.
2) Ewa Spisak <evspisak at polbox.com>: Student Slang in Polish and
   English. Neologisms as a Source of Expressive Word-Formation
   Processes.
3) Anna Pasikowska: Negotiations in Polish and English
4) Mariusz Kamrowski: Euphemisms. Sexual metaphors
5) Barbara Mista: Language Redundancy
6) Dorota Rut: Speech Acts.
7) Katarzyna Kurkowska: English of Polish Americans.
8) Margita Walasek: Sexist Language.
9) Joanna Stadnik: English for Specific Purposes. English and Polish in
   Medicine.
10)Michal Lisecki <mlisecki at priv2.onet.pl>: An Interdisciplinary
   Study of Computer-Mediated Communication. The Language of the
   Internet/email, irc, MOOs/

If you think you can contribute in any way to the work of my friends
please get in touch with me. Any suggestions as to the resources and the
work itself are welcomed.
Mike FOX-ecki       <mlisecki at priv2.onet.pl>
irc [lisu]          <mlisecki at kki.net.edu>
ICQ [4324037]  http://www.polbox.com/m/mlisecki