8.1428, Qs: Software,Guttman,Phonological features

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 6 16:11:51 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1428. Mon Oct 6 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1428, Qs: Software,Guttman,Phonological features

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:45:31 +0100
From:  eva born-rauchenecker <fs4a089 at rrz.uni-hamburg.de>
Subject:  Macintosh Compatible Software

2)
Date:  Mon, 06 Oct 1997 16:47:24 +0900
From:  N o s t a l g i a <kenjiro at icis.shoin.ac.jp>
Subject:  A question on Guttman (aka implicational) scalogram

3)
Date:  Mon, 6 Oct 1997 13:42:19 BST
From:  "Clare Gallaway" <GALLAWAY at fs1.ed.man.ac.uk>
Subject:  Phonological features

Date:  Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:45:31 +0100
From:  eva born-rauchenecker <fs4a089 at rrz.uni-hamburg.de>

Hi!
I'm looking for a software (affordable and preferably Macintosh compatible,
DOS would be alright, too)  that searches words in different text files,
cuts out the found word(s) plus a context of +/- 3 lines, e.g.,  a n d
saves the whole passage in a special file.
The only comparable software I know is *Gofer 2.0*, but, unfortunately, it
suffers from some severe problems: for example, it is not compatible with
system 7.x (Mac), it saves the finds only as ASCII files ...
Who can help me?

Eva Born-Rauchenecker
fs4a089 at rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Slavisches Seminar, Universit=E4t Hamburg