8.1452, Qs: Ranking, Spanish, Historical Ling

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 8 23:27:49 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1452. Thu Oct 9 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1452, Qs: Ranking, Spanish, Historical Ling

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 8 Oct 1997 13:17:52 +0800 (GMT-8)
From:  Lua Kim Teng <luakt at iscs.nus.edu.sg>
Subject:  On ranking of journals/conferences

2)
Date:  Wed,  8 Oct 1997 17:11:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Tamara Al-Kasey <talkasey+ at andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject:  mandarin learners of Spanish

3)
Date:  Wed, 8 Oct 1997 17:31:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:  Rebecca Larche Moreton <mlrlm at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu>
Subject:  Historical linguistics quotation

Date:  Wed, 8 Oct 1997 13:17:52 +0800 (GMT-8)
From:  Lua Kim Teng <luakt at iscs.nus.edu.sg>

Dear Colleagues,

We are attempting to compile a list of journals and conferences for
our research group. I shall be most appreciative if you can kindly
return this email with the following suggestions:

1. Good international peer review journals in the research areas:
   (i) AI in general
   (ii) Natural Language Processing/Computational Linguistics
   (iii) Chinese computing/Processing of Oriental Languages

2. International Conferences in the following areas:
   (i) AI in general
   (ii) Natural Language Processing/Computational Linguistics
   (iii) Chinese computing/Processing of Oriental Languages

If possible, please rank them.

Thank you very much.

A/Professor Lua Kim Teng
Head, Computational Linguistic Lab, NUS