8.1471, Qs: Deaf Issues,Mexican Lang,English/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Oct 12 13:49:18 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1471. Sun Oct 12 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1471, Qs: Deaf Issues,Mexican Lang,English/Japan

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:28:41 -0700
From:  hthumann at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Subject:  Children of deaf adults

2)
Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:45:31 -0400
From:  "Sarah G. Thomason" <sally at isp.pitt.edu>
Subject:  query: 2 Mexican languages, #1 borrows, #2 doesn't

3)
Date:  Sun, 12 Oct 1997 01:08:00 +0900
From:  <QZI07607 at niftyserve.or.jp>
Subject:  Question: English Signs in Japan

Date:  Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:28:41 -0700
From:  hthumann at uclink4.berkeley.edu

I am a doctoral student at San Francisco State University.  I am doing
a literature reveiw on information related to language development of
hearing children with deaf parents.  If you have specific information
related to this topic that you feel may be helpful, please contact me.

I am specifically interested in how language development in children
with deaf parents varies from that of hearing children with hearing
parents.  I do have a copy of the National Information Center on
Deafness bibiliography from 1996 on this topic, but am looking for
things that may have been published since that bibliography came out
or that are not on that bibliography.

Thanks
Helen