8.1479, Qs: Dictionary,Lucanian stress,2 on vowels

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 14 11:48:31 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1479. Tue Oct 14 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1479, Qs: Dictionary,Lucanian stress,2 on vowels

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Elaine Halleck <elaine at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:49:27 +0100
From:  "Giovanni Iamartino" <giiamar at tin.it>
Subject:  William Thomas' English-Italian Dictionary of 1550

2)
Date:  Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:13:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:  Guido Mensching <Mensching at spinfo.Uni-Koeln.DE>
Subject:  Paragogic vowels

3)
Date:  Sat, 11 Oct 1997 01:52:18 +0200 (MESZ)
From:  "Loren A. BILLINGS" <billings at rz.uni-leipzig.de>
Subject:  Lucanian stress

4)
Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:46:11 -0700
From:  Marc van Oostendorp <oostendorp at rullet.leidenuniv.nl>
Subject:  Epenthetic vowels and vowel harmony

Date:  Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:49:27 +0100
From:  "Giovanni Iamartino" <giiamar at tin.it>

I have been working on Thomas' English-Italian Dictionary of 1550.
My question is: are there any articles published on this dictionary and/or
its author after Desmond O'Connor's 1990 _History of Italian and English
Bilingual Dictionaries_?

Thank you for any help or suggestions on this item

Giovanni Iamartino

Associate Professor of
History of the English Language
University of Milan