8.1538, Jobs: Intl. Neural Machines, Teach Engl. Abroad

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 27 21:53:29 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1538. Mon Oct 27 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1538, Jobs: Intl. Neural Machines, Teach Engl. Abroad

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: James German <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:51:50 -0600
From:  Ron Sheffer <rsheffer.inm at echelon.ca>
Subject:  International Neural Machines, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

2)
Date:  Sun, 26 Oct 1997 18:25:50 -0600
From:  Darren Thomas <jcarlson at mb.sympatico.ca>
Subject:  Teach English Abroad

Date:  Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:51:50 -0600
From:  Ron Sheffer <rsheffer.inm at echelon.ca>

Linguists

We are interested in individuals who have a background in linguistics
to be part of a growing team which develops progressive natural
language technology. Your job will be to supply linguistic expertise
and data to the software development team. You must have the following
skills and qualifications:

     Linguistics (especially syntax, conceptual approaches, semantics,
     morphology)
     Computer Literacy (i.e., Windows 95, Microsoft Access, Word,
     etc.)
     Excellent English language skills
     Honours Bachelors Degree or higher
     Able to work as an integral part of a team

It would be advantageous if you also possess the following skills:

     Cognitive science
     Familiarity with Internet technologies
     Computer programming, particularly in C or C++

International Neural Machines (INM) Inc. applies Neural Networks,
Fuzzy Logic and Genetic Algorithms in development of pattern
recognition products. Since 1990, INM has developed innovative
software products for optical character recognition (OCR/ICR), speech
(synthesis and recognition), and decision support systems for
financial and medical applications.

Due to our growth, we have a number of immediate positions available.
Come and be a part of a cutting-edge company. Please see our web site
for other job announcements: www.ineural.com.

How to apply
All interested applicants should send a copy of their
resume and cover letter via mail or electronic mail. Recent graduates
should also attach a copy of their transcripts. Please address your
information to:

Mail:

    Marg Feldgajer
    International Neural Machines, Inc.