8.1571, FYI: New York LSA jam, Help the LSA Outreach Program

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 31 16:07:51 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1571. Fri Oct 31 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1571, FYI: New York LSA jam, Help the LSA Outreach Program

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:32:18 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Daniel L. Everett" <dever at verb.linguist.pitt.edu>
Subject:  Jamming at New York LSA?

2)
Date:  Thu, 30 Oct 1997 00:25:10 -0500 (EST)
From:  Linguistics <linguist at email.gc.cuny.edu>
Subject:   Help the LSA Outreach Program

Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:32:18 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Daniel L. Everett" <dever at verb.linguist.pitt.edu>

Folks,

Each of the last three LSAs (New Orleans, San Diego, and Chicago), a
couple of us have lugged our guitars, drums, recorders, fiddles, and
harmonicas to the LSA to do some playing and singing together.

If you are interested in playing some blues, bluegrass, country, rock,
folk, Tom Waits (he is his own category), or other kinda music, let me
know. I will try to find space at the Hyatt for us to Jam. Saturday nights
early seem to work best. Then music-makers can leave to go to see the
bright lights.

-  Dan

Daniel L. Everett
Department of Linguistics