8.1333, Jobs: U. of Maryland, Western Washington U.

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Sep 21 18:53:53 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1333. Sun Sep 21 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1333, Jobs: U. of Maryland, Western Washington U.

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:36:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:  weinberg at umiacs.umd.edu (Amy Weinberg)
Subject:  Job Announcement

2)
Date:  Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:24:48 -0700
From:  Rosina Lippi-Green <rlg at cc.wwu.edu>
Subject:  Ling/Eng job; amended ad

Date:  Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:36:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:  weinberg at umiacs.umd.edu (Amy Weinberg)

Position Announcement

The University of Maryland at College Park announces a new position in
the Philosophy of Linguistics. The position is tenure track at the
Assistant or Associate Professor level, to begin in the Fall semester
of 1998. This is a joint appointment bridging the Departments of
Linguistics and Philosophy, with the tenure home for the position to
be determined. We seek candidates with established records of research
excellence who are working on topics at the interface of syntax and
semantics. The candidate's work should complement research interests
of current faculty in both departments. A record of teaching
excellence is also desirable. Ph.D. is required by August, 1998. For
best consideration, applications should arrive by November 1,
1997. Applicants should send a complete dossier (letter of
application, CV, samples of published work) and arrange to have three
letters of recommendation sent to:

Professor Norbert Hornstein
Search Committee
University of Maryland at College Park
1401 Marie Mount Hall
College Park, MA 20742

The University of Maryland is a AA/EO Title IX employer. Women and
minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.