8.1384, Jobs: Computer Consultant, Syntax

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 30 00:47:41 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-1384. Mon Sep 29 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.1384, Jobs: Computer Consultant, Syntax

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:40:50 +0100
From:  Norval Smith <Norval.Smith at let.uva.nl>
Subject:  Computer Consultant(focus on phonetics and phonology)

2)
Date:  Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:30:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:  billk at atlas.uga.edu (William A. Kretzschmar)
Subject:  Position in Syntax

Date:  Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:40:50 +0100
From:  Norval Smith <Norval.Smith at let.uva.nl>

L&A is a computer consulting firm base in New York with clients in the
Research and Development field. We currently have a Linguistics
opening for a Contract Employee for a minimum of 6 months (with
possible multiple extensions) . The following is a description of the
position.

Location: 	Westchester County, New York (35 miles north of New York
City)

Duration: 	6 months (with possible multiple extensions) .

Salary:		Open

Job Description:

We are looking for a candidate with a degree in linguistics with
particular focus on phonetics and phonology.  US and Canadian
dialectology and lexicography is a must. Ability to generate
pronunciations for major European languages (French, German, Spanish
and Italian) of words and names. Demonstrated ability to interact with
researchers, academics, physicians, attorneys and other professionals
on a peer basis.

Several years experience in speech recognition/experience in
text-to-speech and natural-language processing, preferably as
evidenced by academic publications.

Demonstrated ability to oversee and administer a project from initial
planning to completion - independently

Ability to travel approximately 15-25 weeks per year.

Much preferred to have good communications skills in French (actually
Canadian French is fine).

Edward Pellon
Director of Personnel Services
L&A, Inc.