9.602, Qs: Africa,Bannock,Fonts,I(dentity) and Lang

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 24 00:31:01 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-602. Fri Apr 24 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.602, Qs: Africa,Bannock,Fonts,I(dentity) and Lang

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 27 Aug 1956 12:57:27 +0000
From:  "k.gadelii" <k.gadelii at wanadoo.fr>
Subject:  Linguistic policies and practices in Africa

2)
Date:  Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:54:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Cynthia Senicka <senicynt at isu.edu>
Subject:  Bannock language preservation

3)
Date:  Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:19:28 +0000
From:  petero at lonelyplanet.com.au
Subject:  In Search of Macrons

4)
Date:  Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:41:49 GMT+0100
From:  "H.G.Ruhland" <H.G.Ruhland at ppsw.rug.nl>
Subject:  I(dentity) and Language

Date:  Mon, 27 Aug 1956 12:57:27 +0000
From:  "k.gadelii" <k.gadelii at wanadoo.fr>

Dear colleagues,

I am presently compiling statistics on Linguistic policies and
practices in Africa on behalf of UNESCOs Intangible Heritage Section.
The investigation concerns language rights and use in legislation,
judicial system, administration, education, business and
media. However I am lacking information in certain cases and would be
very happy to get in contact with people who are familiar with the
linguistic situation in the following countries: Angola, Cameroon,
Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Gambia, Liberia, Malawi,
Mauretania, Niger, Sao Tome e Principe, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan,
Uganda, and Zambia.

Hoping for help, best regards, Karl Erland Gadelii
<k.gadelii at wanadoo.fr>