9.1114, TOC: LLT v. 2, n. 1

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 7 01:02:30 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1114. Fri Aug 7 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1114, TOC: LLT v. 2, n. 1

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Wayne State U. <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:   Mon, 3 Aug 1998 01:42:15 -1000
From:  Language Learning & Technology <llt at hawaii.edu>
Subject:  LLT v. 2, n. 1

Date:   Mon, 3 Aug 1998 01:42:15 -1000
From:  Language Learning & Technology <llt at hawaii.edu>

We are happy to announce that Vol. 2, No. 1 of Language Learning &
Technology is now available at http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt .  This
is a special issue on "The Design and Evaluation of Multimedia
Software," and the contents are listed below.

Please visit the LLT web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if you have not already done so.  Also, we welcome your
submissions of articles, reviews, and commentaries for Vol. 2, No. 2
and future issues as well. Check our guidelines for submission at
http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt/contrib.html .

Lucinda Hart-Gonzalez & Mark Warschauer, Editors
llt-editors at hawaii.edu

***Feature Articles***

1. Carol A. Chapelle, "Multimedia CALL: Lessons to be Learned from
Research on Instructed SLA"

2. Jan L. Plass, "Design and Evaluation of the User Interface of
Foreign Language Multimedia Software: A Cognitive Approach"

3. Farzad Ehsani & Eva Knodt, "Speech Technology in Computer-Aided
Language Learning: Strengths and Limitations of a New CALL Paradigm"

4. Dorothy M. Chun, "Signal Analysis Software for Teaching Discourse
Intonation"

***Columns***

>>From the Editors
by Lucinda Hart-Gonzalez, Co-editor

>>From the Guest Editor
by Irene Thompson

On the Net Using WWW Multimedia in the Foreign Language Classroom: Is
This for Me?
by Jean W. LeLoup and Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
New Developments in Digital Video
by Bob Godwin-Jones

Announcements
News from Sponsoring Organizations

***Reviews***

Computer Assisted Language Learning: Context and Conceptualization
Reviewed by Christine Leahy

Tripleplay Plus! English
Reviewed by Alison Mackey and Jung-Yoon Choi

***Call for Papers***

Theme: The Role of Computer Technology in Second Language Acquisition
Research