9.1751, Qs: Arabic, Hebrew, Double Object, Multimedia Tools

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 10 03:04:57 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1751. Thu Dec 10 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1751, Qs: Arabic, Hebrew, Double Object, Multimedia Tools

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 09 Dec 1998 09:01:19 +0400
From:  Hassan Rashid Shuqair Abd-el-Jawad <hshuqair at squ.edu.om>
Subject:  Swearing and Obituaries in Arabic

2)
Date:  Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:40:11 -0800
From:  "Amit Almor" <almor at gizmo.usc.edu>
Subject:  Modern Hebrew corpus

3)
Date:  2 Jan 1980 12:37:00 -0000
From:  sunzc at 163.net
Subject:  Double Object Construction

4)
Date:  Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:23:20 -0500
From:  HlneKnoerr <hknoerr at uottawa.ca>
Subject:  Multimedia Resources in Second Language Teaching of Pronunciation

Date:  Wed, 09 Dec 1998 09:01:19 +0400
From:  Hassan Rashid Shuqair Abd-el-Jawad <hshuqair at squ.edu.om>

Dear Colleages,

I am working on two topics in relation to Arabic, namely "Swearing, a
sociolinguistic study..." ( Swearing here refers to uttering different
kinds of oaths when somebody says something, esp. religious terms and
terms related to dear ones.). The second topic is "Obituary
annoncements" which are very elaborate and common in Arabic, esp. in
Jordan. I am looking for published or unpublished works on these two
areas, in other languages.

Your help is highly appreciated.
Hassan