9.1838, Qs: Object agreement, Ling. course, Comprehension

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 24 21:22:18 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1838. Thu Dec 24 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1838, Qs: Object agreement, Ling. course, Comprehension

                      Chris Brown <chris at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:46:23 -0500
From:  Asya Pereltsvaig <aperel at po-box.mcgill.ca>
Subject:  Object agreement

2)
Date:  Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:30:03 -0500
From:  Alysse Lemery Rasmussen <alysse at cde.com>
Subject:  Less Commonly Taught Linguistics

3)
Date:  24 Dec 1998 08:45:54 -0000
From:  hepeichang at 163.net
Subject:  Conjunctions and memory and comprehension of texts

Date:  Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:46:23 -0500
From:  Asya Pereltsvaig <aperel at po-box.mcgill.ca>

Dear Listers,
I am looking for a language that has BOTH the following constructions:
1) overt object agreement morphology
2) nominal adverbials of the kind:
    John ran two miles.
    John read two hours. [maybe awkward in English but possible in other
                          languages]
    John read the book three times.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I will post a summary if there is enough interest.

Thanks a lot and holiday greetings for all,
Asya

Asya Pereltsvaig
Department of Linguistics - McGill University
1001 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA,  H3A 1G5
phone: (514) 931-5046