9.175, Qs: Valency, Anglicisms in French, Russian

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 5 09:00:41 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-175. Thu Feb 5 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.175, Qs: Valency, Anglicisms in French, Russian

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 13:44:51 +0200
From:  Elke Hentschel <eloufjdb at sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de>
Subject:  query: Grammars of different languages

2)
Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 12:24:29 +0100
From:  Jim Walker <walker at monza.u-strasbg.fr>
Subject:  Francophones and anglicisms

3)
Date:  Wed, 4 Feb 1998 14:02:07 -0500
From:  michael at giccs.georgetown.edu (Michael Ullman)
Subject:  Russian word list on-line

Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 13:44:51 +0200
From:  Elke Hentschel <eloufjdb at sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de>

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing an article on "The concept of valency in standard grammars"
for the international handbook _Dependency and Valency_. It seems to me
that the concept, while being widely used in German grammars, is rather
rare in grammars of other languages; but  maybe I've overlooked
something. Does anybody know a grammar of, say, English, French, Russian
(or any other language) that makes use of the concept? I'd appriciate
any help, and of course I'll send a summary to the list.

Regards,

elke hentschel