9.179, Qs: Articulatory Synthesiser,Japanese,CL,Werth-MS

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 6 22:11:34 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-179. Fri Feb 6 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.179, Qs: Articulatory Synthesiser,Japanese,CL,Werth-MS

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 11:28:33 +0100
From:  Bart de Boer <bartb at arti.vub.ac.be>
Subject:  Articulatory synthesiser

2)
Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 12:43:41 -0600
From:  David Ludden <david-ludden at uiowa.edu>
Subject:  Japanese First Language Acquisition

3)
Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:01:26 -0500 (EST)
From:  msanchez at spartan.ac.brocku.ca (Monica Sanchez)
Subject:  Undergraduate Programs in Computational Linguistics

4)
Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 1998 14:17:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:  "Martin Wynne" <eiamjw at comp.lancs.ac.uk>
Subject:  Bibliographical Queries about Manuscript by Paul Werth

Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 11:28:33 +0100
From:  Bart de Boer <bartb at arti.vub.ac.be>

I am working on a project to investigate (emergence of) phonological
universals using computer simulations. I recently implemented an
articulatory synthesiser (based on Mermelstein's model) but I have not
been able to achieve a very satis- fying sound quality. Although the
literature on articulatory synthesis of speech is abundant,
implementation details seem to be scarce.

Can anybody help me with the following:

1) Does there exist a public domain implementation (with source code)
of an articulatory synthesiser?

2) Is there anybody that wants to cooperate in my project by sharing
their articulatory synthesiser with me?

Thanks,
Bart de Boer
bartb at arti.vub.ac.be