9.263, Qs: all-every,Vowel Harmony,Irc/Electr.Chat Lang

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 22 15:57:22 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-263. Sun Feb 22 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.263, Qs: all-every,Vowel Harmony,Irc/Electr.Chat Lang

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:30:36 GMT
From:  Alice Drewery <alice at cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Subject:  "all" and "every"

2)
Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:03:06 -0600 (CST)
From:  sheri lyn pargman <slpargma at midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject:  umlaut and vowel harmony

3)
Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:29:13 -0500
From:  David Roger <3dmr5 at qlink.queensu.ca>
Subject:  wtd: refs for irc/electronic chat language

Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:30:36 GMT
From:  Alice Drewery <alice at cogsci.ed.ac.uk>

Can anyone point me to work done on the semantic differences between
the quantifiers "all" and "every"?  Clearly they don't mean exactly
the same, but has anyone studied exactly what the differences are?

Thanks for any help,

Alice.

Alice Drewery     Centre for Cognitive Science   University of Edinburgh
alice at cogsci.ed.ac.uk			       tel:  +44 (0)131 650 4436