9.281, Qs: Ling Club, Portuguese, W. Tarangan, McGurk

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 25 02:35:06 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-281. Wed Feb 25 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.281, Qs: Ling Club, Portuguese, W. Tarangan, McGurk

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: James German <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:35:55 +0000
From:  Lynne Murphy <M_Lynne_Murphy at baylor.edu>
Subject:  undergrad linguistics club

2)
Date:  Tue, 24 Feb 98 18:29:04 -0900
From:  mgdorey at ibm.net (Maria da Graca d"Orey)
Subject:  Sexism in Portuguese/Grammatical Gender

3)
Date:  Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:59:01 -0600 (CST)
From:  Seok-Chae Rhee <s-rhee at cogsci.uiuc.edu>
Subject:  West Tarangan

4)
Date:  Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:02:08 +0800 (CST)
From:  "James T. Myers" <lngmyers at ccunix.ccu.edu.tw>
Subject:  McGurk effect video...?

Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:35:55 +0000
From:  Lynne Murphy <M_Lynne_Murphy at baylor.edu>

hello all--

my undergraduate linguistics students are interested in forming a
linguistics club.  they have many ideas about what they'd like to do,
such as to inform people about how linguistics enriches one' life, to
tutor esl students, to show films and invite speakers on language
themes, etc.

they would like to know whether other universities have linguistics
clubs (as opposed to linguistics graduate student societies, which
have different concerns).  they'd like to get in touch with other
universities' students in order to share ideas.

any info would be greatly appreciated.  send responses to me and i'll
pass them on.

best,
lynne murphy
-