9.58, Qs: Vowels, Asian Ling, "Signs of Apes", Chinese

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 15 01:39:39 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-58. Thu Jan 15 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.58, Qs: Vowels, Asian Ling, "Signs of Apes", Chinese

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:02:04 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard Sproat <rws at research.bell-labs.com>
Subject:  Welsh Vowels: Historical

2)
Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:14:27 +0100
From:  "wieson" <wieson at rainbow.ch>
Subject:  Bibliography of South Asian linguistics, 1998

3)
Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 1998 23:48:30 +0000
From:  Lynne Murphy <M_Lynne_Murphy at baylor.edu>
Subject:  Signs of Apes Video

4)
Date:  Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:30:01 +1100
From:  Y.Sasaki at unsw.edu.au (Yoshinori  Sasaki)
Subject:  Chinese Character Reading Comparison

Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:02:04 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard Sproat <rws at research.bell-labs.com>

Can anyone point me to recent work that discusses the vowel space of
18th and early 19th century Welsh?

-

Richard Sproat
Language Modeling Research Department
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies  | tel (908) 582-5296
600 Mountain Avenue, Room 2D-451        | fax (908) 582-3306
Murray Hill, NJ 07974, USA              | rws at bell-labs.com
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/rws.html