9.84, Qs: Extraversion, Lexicon vs encyclopedia, O-Words

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 19 18:17:40 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-84. Mon Jan 19 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.84, Qs: Extraversion, Lexicon vs encyclopedia, O-Words

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 98 16:02 BST
From:  j.dewaele at french.bbk.ac.uk
Subject:  Query: extraversion and applied linguistics

2)
Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:41:29 +1100 (EST)
From:  Bert Peeters <Bert.Peeters at utas.edu.au>
Subject:  Lexicon vs encyclopedia - book proposal

3)
Date:  Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:08:40 +0100 (MET)
From:  Mikael Parkvall <parkvall at ling.su.se>
Subject:  o-words

Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 98 16:02 BST
From:  j.dewaele at french.bbk.ac.uk

Dear colleagues

I'm currently working on a review paper for a major journal
on studies that combine extraversion scores with quantitative
linguistic variables in oral speech.
Could send me references of (recent) studies you know, or about
work in progress, or unpublished material that covers this
area of research in applied linguistics ?

Thanks in advance !

Dr. Jean-Marc Dewaele
French Deptm, Birkbeck College, University of London
London WC1H 0PD  G.B.
j.dewaele at UK.AC.BBK.FRENCH