9.99, Qs: Jakobson, Chinese, BAAL, Pronoun "I"

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 22 00:48:52 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-99. Thu Jan 22 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.99, Qs: Jakobson, Chinese, BAAL, Pronoun "I"

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:23:35 +0100
From:  "Alain Dawson" <orfqe at nordnet.fr>
Subject:  Jakobson's Phonology

2)
Date:  Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:27:45 +0800
From:  fljkguo at scut.edu.cn (Guo Jieke)
Subject:  On Case Theory In Chinese

3)
Date:  Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:57:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:  A L Sellami <A.L.Sellami at durham.ac.uk>
Subject:  Address of BAAL

4)
Date:  Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:10:08 +0100
From:  Tatje <he252ta at unidui.uni-duisburg.de>
Subject:  Pronoun "I"

Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:23:35 +0100
From:  "Alain Dawson" <orfqe at nordnet.fr>

Dear linguists,

I intend to use Jakobson's phonological model (as exposed for example in
JAKOBSON Roman, WAUGH Linda, The Sound Shape of Language, 1979) to build
the perceptive diasystem of a dialectal area, and describe perception
and comprehension of various patois within this area. Does anyone know
of such an approach? More generally, is this model still in use or was
it completely replaced in recent works by generative phonology and/or
acoustical phonetics?

Thank you in advance!

Alain Dawson
orfqe at nordnet.fr