9.117, Qs: Twin Langs, Metaphors, Russian, Psycholing

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 24 02:12:55 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-117. Sat Jan 24 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.117, Qs: Twin Langs, Metaphors, Russian, Psycholing

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:13:01 -0800
From:  comrie at almaak.usc.edu (Bernard Comrie)
Subject:  Twin Languages

2)
Date:  Sat, 24 Jan 1998 08:29:10 +0200
From:  "Di Kilpert" <kilpert at iafrica.com>
Subject:  Metaphors

3)
Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 1998 08:15:44 -0600 (CST)
From:  Jameela Ann Lares <jlares at ocean.otr.usm.edu>
Subject:  Russian Syntax

4)
Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:08:18 +0000
From:  Anja Krueger <a.kruger at qub.ac.uk>
Subject:  Psycholinguistics/Missing-Word Sentences

Date:  Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:13:01 -0800
From:  comrie at almaak.usc.edu (Bernard Comrie)

Twin Languages

Can anyone direct me to literature on the subject of twin languages,
i.e.  languages (spoken or signed) used by twins and distinct from the
language of the rest of the family/community?

Bernard Comrie
University of Southern California
comrie at bcf.usc.edu

-
Bernard Comrie
Dept of Linguistics GFS-301                 tel  +1 213 740 3674
University of Southern California           fax  +1 213 740 9306
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1693, USA       e-mail  comrie at bcf.usc.edu

Address from mid-May 1998 (new telephone, fax, e-mail not yet
available): Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Inselstrasse 22-26 D-04103 Leipzig, Germany