9.143, Qs: Latin, Russian, English Verbs, ESL

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 31 03:16:49 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-143. Sat Jan 31 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.143, Qs: Latin, Russian, English Verbs, ESL

Associate Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Assistant Editors:  Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 1998 22:15:33 EST
From:  MPeter4165 at aol.com
Subject:  References for Latin Verbal Periphrasis

2)
Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:56:32 -0500
From:  michael at giccs.georgetown.edu (Michael Ullman)
Subject:  Russian Word Frequency List

3)
Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:16:13 +1100
From:  DZIEGELE at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Subject:  Past Ability (Eng. Verbs)

4)
Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:16:10 EST
From:  WOMENinTEC at aol.com
Subject:  ESL Groups of Different Abilities

Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 1998 22:15:33 EST
From:  MPeter4165 at aol.com

I'm a graduate student at New York University, and am doing research
into verbal periphrases, mostly in Romance.  I'm looking for anything
that may have been written on a verbal periphrasis found in late
Latin.  It consisted of the verb coepisse (to begin) + and infinitive,
and had a past meaning.  Does anyone know of anything?  Please respond
to:

mpeter4165 at aol.com

Thanks!

Melanie Peterson