9.1005, Qs: Valency, Palenquero, Sinhala & Okinawan

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 6 17:12:36 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-1005. Mon Jul 6 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.1005, Qs: Valency, Palenquero, Sinhala & Okinawan

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:29:15 +0100 (WET DST)
From:  lawson <lawson at ids-mannheim.de>
Subject:  valency of nouns/nominalisation

2)
Date:  Fri, 3 Jul 1998 17:09:11 +0000
From:  "Ian Mackenzie" <i.e.mackenzie at newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject:  Palenquero

3)
Date:  Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:53:42 -0400
From:  Paul Hagstrom <hagstrom at MIT.EDU>
Subject:  Sinhala, Okinawan speakers?

Date:  Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:29:15 +0100 (WET DST)
From:  lawson <lawson at ids-mannheim.de>

Dear Colleagues,

I am preparing a comprehensive account of recent developments in the field
of "valency of nouns."  The account is to be published in the forthcoming
de Gruyter reference handbook on valency.  If you have worked in this area,
please pass on any information you have and if you would like to be quoted.

I understand "valency of nouns" in a rather broad sense, and I would like
to deal with related issues as "nominalisation" and "support verbs"
(Funktionsverbgefge) as far as valency issues are concerned.  Related
approaches (e.g., constraint grammar) are also welcome.

Yours sincerely,
Wolfgang Teubert
wolfgang.teubert at ids-mannheim.de

Dr. Wolfgang Teubert