9.834, Qs: WECOL,Heritage Lang Learners,Minidisc,Books

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 4 23:24:10 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-834. Fri Jun 5 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.834, Qs: WECOL,Heritage Lang Learners,Minidisc,Books

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:31:38 +0300
From:  mswyner at pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il (Adam Zachary Wyner)
Subject:  WECOL publications and reference

2)
Date:  Tue, 02 Jun 98 15:57 EDT
From:  Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu (sm167)
Subject:  Heritage Lang Learners

3)
Date:  Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:03:12 +0100
From:  Dr James M Scobbie <j.scobbie at sls.qmced.ac.uk>
Subject:  minidisc for field work

4)
Date:  Fri, 05 Jun 1998 06:10:26 +0300
From:  Valentin Gostev <stc at carrier.kiev.ua>
Subject:  need a book

Date:  Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:31:38 +0300
From:  mswyner at pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il (Adam Zachary Wyner)

Dear Colleagues,

        I have been trying for some time to get information about the
proceedings of the Western States Conference on Linguistics -- WECOL
-  held annually in the US.  I have already contacted one of the
assistants at this year's WECOL at Arizona State University,
Prof. Samiian at California State University at Fresno, who was (is?)
the editor of the proceedings, and a department secretary at
CSUFresno; they either don't reply to my inquiries or seem not to have
ready access to information about the proceedings.  I have not found
the proceedings in libraries in Israel, nor were they at Cornell
University.  So, I am turning to you.
        First, I would like to order WECOL proceedings.  If anyone has
information about back issues (tables of contents, titles, authors)
and information about how to order, please send it to me.  If you,
like me, have had problems ordering proceedings or locating it in your
library, perhaps the distributor of the proceedings should know this.
        Second, I need the full bibliographic reference to a paper of
mine, including page numbers.  The paper is: Wyner, Adam Z..  1989.
"The Semantics of Adverbs and the Perception Problem."  In Vida
Samiian (ed.) Proceedings of the Western States Conference on
Linguistics, California State University, Fresno, CA.
        I very much appreciate your help with this inquiry.
Best,
Adam Wyner
Dr. Adam Zachary Wyner
mswyner at pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il
Department of English, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, 52900, Israel