9.861, Jobs: Cognition,Knowledge Engineer

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 10 12:59:19 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-861. Wed Jun 10 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.861, Jobs: Cognition,Knowledge Engineer

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:22:35 -0700
From:  HeeSoo Joseph Chung <hschung at ucla.edu>
Subject:  UCLA Cognition and Aging

2)
Date:  Tue, 9 Jun 1998 22:35:12 -0700
From:  "Falkenburg, Nancy" <NFalkenburg at resumix.com>
Subject:  Knowledge Engineer

Date:  Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:22:35 -0700
From:  HeeSoo Joseph Chung <hschung at ucla.edu>

POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE:

UCLA Psychology Department.

Position available to supervise and conduct NIA sponsored research on
effects of aging on the processing and retrieval of phonology: Highly
competitive, fully funded salary for 3+ years. Opportunity to work in
a stimulating and productive research lab with a focus on
neuropsychological issues associated with perception, production, and
memory for language in young and older adults. Preference given to
candidates with strong statistical training, a record of involvement
in publishable research, and an interest in any of the following:
normal cognitive aging, auditory speech perception, phonetic and
phonological neighborhoods, repetition deafness and blindness,
relations between language perception and production, or linguistics
and bilingual issues.  Responsibilities include assisting with design,
implementation, data analysis and publication of grant-related
research, and supervision of graduate and undergraduate researchers.

Send vita, letter of interest, relevant reprints/preprints, and three
letters of reference to

Dr. Don MacKay
Psychology Dept., UCLA
LA, CA 90095