9.888, Qs: Software,Articulation,Eng Dialect,Connectedness

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 16 08:32:23 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-888. Tue Jun 16 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.888, Qs: Software,Articulation,Eng Dialect,Connectedness

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:36:26 +0000
From:  hoppe at uic.asso.fr
Subject:  CAT Software

2)
Date:  Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:46:25 +0300 (EET DST)
From:  Heli Harrikari <harrikar at ling.helsinki.fi>
Subject:  Place of articulation and voicing

3)
Date:  Sun, 14 Jun 1998 23:44:48 -0400
From:  Judith Ivory <judithivory at mindspring.com>
Subject:  Cornish/Cockney syntax & vocab

4)
Date:           Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:39:04 GMT
From:  Jeanne Cornillon <JC14 at soas.ac.uk>
Subject:        Connectedness Effects

Date:  Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:36:26 +0000
From:  hoppe at uic.asso.fr

Our organsiation is thinking about introducing a CAT system for our
inhouse translation staff.  Does anyone have any experience with
introducing and using computer-assisted translation software? (We are
not interested in machine translation systems like Systran etc., but
rather interactive systems like Trados Translator's Workbench etc.)
Which software can you recommand (mainly for English, French and
German and maybe Russian)? Do you know of a list of programs available
on the market?

Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,
Birgit Hoppe