9.912, All: About the LINGUIST Notice Board

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 19 22:15:38 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-912. Fri Jun 19 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.912, All: About the LINGUIST Notice Board

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org (The LINGUIST List)
Subject:  About the LINGUIST Notice Board

Date:  Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:11:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org (The LINGUIST List)

Dear Subscribers:

As most of you know, The LINGUIST List has established a
Notice Board to help linguists make professional contacts
and find practical information.  This notice board is to
be found on the Web, at the URL:

	http://linguistlist.org/~notice/

The Notice Board is not intended to take the place of the
LINGUIST Queries issues (which treat academic linguistics)
or Ask-A-LINGUIST (which handles general questions about
language, usually from non-linguists).  Rather it is designed
to help LINGUIST subscribers find information about such
things as housing in another city, conference transportation,
or university contacts.

If you need such information, we hope you will consider
posting a notice to the NoticeBoard this week, since we
are in the process of setting up software that should
enhance its usefulness.

Beginning next week, once every seven days, a single e-mail
message will be sent to LINGUIST subscribers listing the
subject-lines of the messages found on the Notice-Board,
along with the URL's of those messages.

Some of you may have inadvertently received copies of
some of our test messages today (with non-working URL's).
If so, we apologize!  We hope the greater usefulness
of the service will make up for this initial inconvenience.

All the best

LINGUIST