9.335, Qs: Chinese,Passives,Vietnamese,Ling Encyclopedia

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 7 01:47:13 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-335. Sat Mar 7 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.335, Qs: Chinese,Passives,Vietnamese,Ling Encyclopedia

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 04 Mar 1998 16:35:46 +0800
From:  Andy CHIN <CTCOCHIN at cpccux0.cityu.edu.hk>
Subject:  Chinese Headlines

2)
Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:08:16 -0500
From:  Gert Webelhuth <webelhuth at unc.edu>
Subject:  Passives

3)
Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:21:55 +0200
From:  Olaf Husby <olaf.husby at hf.ntnu.no>
Subject:  Vietnamese children acquiring tones

4)
Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:41:24 -0800
From:  jkcowart at io-online.com (J Kingston Cowart)
Subject:  "Encyclopedic Dictionary of Linguistics"?

Date:  Wed, 04 Mar 1998 16:35:46 +0800
From:  Andy CHIN <CTCOCHIN at cpccux0.cityu.edu.hk>

I am a postgraduate student in Hong Kong and my project is the
sociolinguistic study of Chinese News headlines. However, there are
not many literatures on the linguistic study of News headlines (esp
Chinese).  Even the study of English news headlines is rare too. I
just know that there are several books which study headlines (English)
extensively. But I wonder that whether they are out of print. Here are
the info of the 2 books:

Evans, H. (1974). News Headlines. Heinemann.  Straumann,
H. (1935). Newspaper Headlines. Allen & Unwin.

If anyone knows any literature on Chinese news headlines, pls forward
the info to me.

Thank you very much

Best wishes,
Andy