9.340, Qs: Gay Ling,Limbu,Popular Lang Books,Reference

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 7 17:09:16 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-340. Sat Mar 7 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.340, Qs: Gay Ling,Limbu,Popular Lang Books,Reference

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:42:06 -0800 (PST)
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu>
Subject:  Gay ling.

2)
Date:  Fri, 06 Mar 1998 18:20:45 -0500
From:  Matthew Richardson <mattr at pantheon.yale.edu>
Subject:  Q: Anyone working on Limbu

3)
Date:  7 Mar 1998 10:26:15 U
From:  "Mao LuMing" <mao_luming at msmail.muohio.edu>
Subject:  re: books on language

4)
Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 17:42:47 +1300
From:  "Craig McL. Wallace" <craigmcl at ihug.co.nz>
Subject:  1993 "Cognition and Culture" contents pls?

Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:42:06 -0800 (PST)
From:  Johanna Rubba <jrubba at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu>

Can anyone send me some bibliographic references on queer linguistics
or language and homosexuality, gay and lesbian? I want to incorporate
some stuff on this in a Lg. and gender course. I have found very
little on both the web and in library searches:

Beyond the lavender lexicon : authenticity, imagination, and
appropriation in lesbian and gay languages / edited by William
L. Leap.  [Amsterdam?] : Gordon and Breach, c1995.

Leap, William. Word's out : gay men's English / William L. Leap.
Minneapolis, Minn. :University of Minnesota Press, c1996.

Max, H.  Gay(s) language : a dic(k)tionary of gay slang / H. Max.  1st
ed.  Austin,Tex. (No. 231, P.O. Box 33280, Austin 78764) : Banned
Books, c1988.

I suspect there must be more out there. I will summarize for the list.

Thanks!

Johanna Rubba	Assistant Professor, Linguistics              ~
English Department, California Polytechnic State University   ~
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407                                     ~
Tel. (805)-756-2184  E-mail: jrubba at polymail.calpoly.edu      ~