9.344, All: LINGUIST Fund Drive, 1998

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 7 20:50:09 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-344. Sat Mar 7 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.344, All: LINGUIST Fund Drive, 1998

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 7 Mar 1998 19:40:05 +0100
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org (The LINGUIST List)
Subject:  LINGUIST Fund Drive, 1998

Date:  Sat, 7 Mar 1998 19:40:05 +0100
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org (The LINGUIST List)

Dear Subscribers,

You've probably noticed the "Gratuitous Piggybank" on LINGUIST's home
page. He's there for the month of March for the annual fund drive. The
LINGUIST crew is grateful for the generosity of subscribers in years
past. Your support is crucial to LINGUIST's existence--we literally
couldn't go on without it. User support enables us to fund the
services of several graduate student editors who work 10-20 hours a
week maintaining multiple web sites and providing all the other free
services to our 10,000 subscribers.

Check the end of this message to see a list of people who have already
contributed to LINGUIST's 1998 Fund Drive.  Please join them by
clicking on the Piggybank on our home page.

To refresh your memory, we list below a few facts and some of
LINGUIST'S free services:

* Numerous daily announcements on various topics: conferences, calls
  for papers, jobs, discussions, questions, book & software reviews.

* Numerous web pages with live links to programs, associations,
  dissertations, projects, publishers, syllabi, software, etc.

* Mirror sites (in addition to the main website at Eastern Michigan
  University): Tuebingen, Moscow

* Searchable archives, Ask-A-Linguist, LingLite, the NoticeBoard & more.

The web statistics show that LINGUIST sites are used heavily.  We get
more than 30,000 visits a week. To continue our services at the
current level, we must collect at least $12,600 this year to support 2
graduate student editors.

Thanks for your generous support in the past. And please, keep those
coins kerplunking into our piggybank.

The LINGUIST Crew:

Helen, Anthony, Daniel - Moderators
Brett, Elaine, Anita, Marty, Julie - Editors
John, Zhiping - Software Development
Andrew - Book reviews

1998 Contributors

Supporters:

Michael Bernstein
Frances Ingemann
Barbara Partee

Patrons ($50 or more):

Cascadilla Press
Bernard Comrie
Theo Venneman

Mainstays ($100 or more):

Cassells Press
Edinburgh UP
Holland Academic Graphics
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
Walter de Gruyter

Support pledged:

Blackwell Publishers
Garland Press
MIT Press--Books Division
Oxford University Press
Routledge
Summer Institute of Linguistics
Syntaxis
Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS (UiL OTS)