9.367, Qs: French,Bus Lang,Lang/Brain,Cross-Cultural

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 12 18:27:26 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-367. Thu Mar 12 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.367, Qs: French,Bus Lang,Lang/Brain,Cross-Cultural

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:05:14 -0800
From:  atarkow <atarkow at ufl.edu>
Subject:  French Lang Laws

2)
Date:           Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:27:01 +1000
From:  "Kit-Ken Loke" <KKLOKE at ed-hydra.edn.gu.edu.au>
Subject:        Q: language in business

3)
Date:  Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:43:42 -0300
From:  Ana Armenderiz <armenda at interactive.com.ar>
Subject:  Language location in the brain

4)
Date:  Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:38:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:  A L Sellami <A.L.Sellami at durham.ac.uk>
Subject:  Cross-cultural methodology

Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:05:14 -0800
From:  atarkow <atarkow at ufl.edu>

Hello.  My name is Amanda Tarkow and I am a senior at the University
of Florida.  Currently, I am writing an honors thesis on French
language laws of the late twentieth century (concentrating on the
1970s-1990s and only laws passed by the french government).  However,
I have had much trouble locating a comprehensive list of laws.  I
contacted La Bibliotheque Nationalle in Paris, but they were unable to
assist me. I know there are about 63 arretes on the language between
1970 and 1994.  I don't know where I can locate them nor am I sure
that this is a comprehensive list.
	Perhaps you may be of assistance to me.  I would appreciate
any suggestions.
                            With many thanks,
                            Amanda Tarkow