9.402, Qs: Eng Acq Order,Chinese,Motherese/ASL,-ed Verbs

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 19 00:44:34 UTC 1998

LINGUIST List:  Vol-9-402. Thu Mar 19 1998. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 9.402, Qs: Eng Acq Order,Chinese,Motherese/ASL,-ed Verbs

Editors:  	    Brett Churchill <brett at linguistlist.org>
		    Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>
                    Anita Huang <anita at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Martin Jacobsen <marty at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:09:15 -0800
From:  Lynae Vandermeulen <lynaevm at esther.nwciowa.edu>
Subject:  English Acquisition Order

2)
Date:  Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:05:04 +0800
From:  gplal <gplal at gdufs.edu.cn>
Subject:  Learning/Teaching Chinese as L2/L1/FL ?

3)
Date:   Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:27:56 -0500
From:  Mike Ananny <m.ananny at utoronto.ca>
Subject:  Looking for Information on Motherese in Sign Languages

4)
Date:  Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:53:07 -0500
From:  mgonzal at cuny.campus.mci.net (monica l. gonzalez)
Subject:  -ed Verbs

Date:  Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:09:15 -0800
From:  Lynae Vandermeulen <lynaevm at esther.nwciowa.edu>

I was wondering if anybody out there could suggest to me some good
journal articles or books that deal with English Acquisition order.
Specifically, anything you've read (and thought was worthwile) about
what the English Acquisition order for ESL students (specifically
Asian students) actually is, as well as research about whether these
acquisition orders are actually valid and/or useful.

Any thoughts or articles about the applications of these ideas to
teaching or textbook development would also be much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Lynae Vandermeulen
lynaevm at esther.nwciowa.edu